Event Manager – Full Time
The Event Manager position at Corinthian Events is an exciting, difficult, and rewarding job. If hospitality is part of your DNA, this could be the place for you. Corinthian Events offers a fast-paced environment with no division between Sales and Operations, allowing the Event Managers to fully manage and cultivate programs from inception through billing. Organizational thinking, creativity, teamwork, budgeting, and a strong work ethic are the prime skills that must work in concert to produce an amazing event.
Client/Event Specific Responsibilities:
- Active participant on all assigned / volunteered-for projects, programs, and events.
- Work as a lead or 2nd on an event or program team that may include a Partner, Director, Senior Event Manager, or Technical team members.
- Work on multiple programs at various stages of production simultaneously.
- Develop, write, and produce client proposals, detailed budgets, event design, floor plans and production schedules; alongside Sr. Account Manager or Director.
- Solicit and secure quotes and contracts from vendors.
- Manage project specific pricing and budgeting from research thru final billing ensuring margins and profit are maintained. Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget.
- Create and manage key dates for all components of the event. Oversee and manage overall project specific timeline from day-to-day client communication through on-site production schedule management.
- Event production including set-up, breakdown, and overall supervision of event.
- Liaise with all vendors as overall project manager from pre-planning through on-site execution of event.
- Ensure cohesion in event designs proposed and review overall spatial planning.
- Attend & stay until the conclusion of every event that he/she is producing.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the office.
- Field initial inquiry phone calls and emails and respond appropriately and timely.
- Provide event support when needed and able.
- Exist as an ambassador of Corinthian Events in Boston and at industry events nationwide to cultivate and develop new relationships, and to enrich existing relationships.
- Build and strengthen relationships with industry supplier partners, vendors, third-party contractors, and other strategic partners.
- 4-year College Degree of commensurate experience.
- Minimum of (3) years in the hospitality industry.
- Be efficient and clear with daily e-mail, phone and in-person communication.
- Excel at time management. Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage personal workload.
- Have strong customer service & organizational skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Positive & professional attitude/demeanor at all times.
- Show initiative & ability to work independently in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly, and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Technical Skills: must know Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Bonus skills include: Filemaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Social Tables, and cloud-based storage (Google Drive, DropBox, etc).
- Knowledge and operation of office equipment, i.e., printers, computers, scanner, etc.
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you!Apply Now
Graphic Design & Marketing Internship
Are you a student or recent graduate interested in building real-world graphic design experience with an award-winning team? We are looking for a talented and aspiring designer with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail.
Come work for one of New England’s leading event planning agencies and learn from some of the best in the business.
Graphic Design & Marketing Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design print and digital materials for client events, in-house projects, and marketing campaigns
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and the Creative Project Coordinator to develop design concepts and marketing campaigns
- Receive feedback from the Creative Director and the Creative Project Coordinator and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Basic knowledge of Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Work on a wide range of graphic design projects in various roles – as a lead, as support, and as collaborative
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful graphic design and ad agency professionals
- Attend weekly meetings and participate in networking events
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
Our internship program continues throughout the year and offers hands-on experience. Successful candidates become an integral part of our team in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment. We are currently hiring for a number of different internships including Event Interns, a Graphic Design & Marketing Intern, and more.
Please note, while compensation may be available for a few levels of our internships, some of our internships are unpaid positions. If you are interested in applying for an internship please email email@example.com with your resume and any relevant information.
Maestros of the Gathering
Orchestrating and conducting events, harmonizing like the finest symphony; executing with clear melodies, decisive tempos, and critical listening — shaping every note of your event masterpiece.