Senior Event Manager
February 3, 2022
The Senior Event Manager position at Corinthian Events is an exciting, difficult, and rewarding job. If hospitality is part of your DNA, this could be the place for you. Senior Event Managers are responsible for producing all types of higher-level events while managing their support teams. They leverage the full use of the team while managing all elements of a large complex program, including virtual and hybrid events. Corinthian Events offers a fast-paced environment with no division between Sales and Operations, allowing all Senior Event Managers to fully manage and cultivate programs from inception through billing. Senior Event Managers also play an active role in the onboarding, training, and mentoring of other team members, participating in the education share, strategy, and big-picture thinking amongst the team. Organizational thinking, creativity, teamwork, budgeting, and a strong work ethic are the prime skills that must work in concert to produce an amazing event.
Client/Event Specific Responsibilities:
- Ability to field initial inquiry phone calls and emails and respond appropriately and timely; knows and is comfortable asking the pertinent questions upfront.
- Interact with clients to produce high level events by listening carefully to their needs and requests and provide strategic and thoughtful ideas in return.
- Develop, write, and produce client proposals, including detailed budgets, event design, floor plans and production schedules, alongside your team or with other Senior Event Managers, Directors or Partners
- Ability to “sell” a proposal.
- Has led or worked on all types of events, DMC, meetings, non-profit and themed special events.
- Has experience with executing and operating virtual & hybrid meetings & events.
- Has high level of production knowledge, both AV and lighting, tenting, labor, rigging, power, etc.
- Can comfortably design and lead site inspections.
- Comfortable with deadlines; creating, setting, and adhering to deadlines; holding your team accountable for said deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage personal workload with multiple projects running simultaneously at various stages of production while still teaching and managing the team below you.
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys and trend analysis; be a strategic and forward thinker.
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to identify problems and take pride in finding a solution quickly and on the spot.
- Shows level of maturity and maintains a calm demeanor in high stress situations to ensure client confidence.
- Ability to analyze needs (of clients, teammates, or office) and willing to help under any circumstance.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining database of services including tariff and content library.
- Solicit and secure quotes and contracts from vendors; read, analyze and negotiate contracts; hold vendors accountable for excellent service.
- Manage project specific pricing and budgeting from research through final billing and ensuring margins and profitability are met of their jobs.
- Responsible for obtaining client payment in a timely manner. A minimum of 80% payment is due prior to the event commencing. Final invoices must be issued to the client within ten days of the event completion.
- Ensure appropriate client commissions are paid.
- Oversee and manage overall project timelines from day-to-day client communication, workback schedules through on-site production schedule management.
- Ensure cohesion and feasibility in event designs proposed and review overall spatial planning.
- Attend and often stay until the conclusion of every event that he/she is producing, assisting with load-in and load-out, guest assistance, registration and check-in, and vendor oversite.
- Active participant in Tier 1, 2, 3 or 4 jobs. Act as a Lead Manager on Tier 2, 3 or 4 Jobs
- Understand and continually evaluate the strengths of the company and yourself as an individual.
- Be familiar with existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry trends to aid in the development of client programming and event management.
- Read industry publications to remain aware of trends that may impact our business.
- Ensure details and confirm vendor contracts, signing appropriate contracts less than $5,000.00.
- Responsible for quality control on jobs and programs you are involved in by proofreading proposals, reviewing contracts prior to signature by yourself or Partner, holding pre-event meetings. Quality control should extend to the event itself through inspection of events, jobsites, and overall work product of projects you are involved in.
- Actively participate in the Mentorship program; ensuring the culture is maintained and staff feel supported.
- Lead team meetings when Director not available.
- Teach and train new and younger staff on policies and systems.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the office.
- Field initial inquiry phone calls and emails and respond appropriately and timely.
- Provide event support when needed and able.
- Exist as an ambassador of Corinthian Events in Boston and at industry events nationwide to cultivate and develop new relationships, and to enrich existing relationships.
- Build and strengthen relationships with industry supplier partners, vendors, third-party contractors, and other strategic partners.
- 4-year College Degree of commensurate experience.
- Minimum of (5) years in the hospitality industry.
- Industry Certification a plus: DMCP, CMP, CSEP, and/or CMM.
- Have led or worked on all types of events: DMC, meetings, non-profit, and themed special events.
- Be efficient and clear with daily e-mail, phone and in-person communication.
- Excel at time management. Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage personal workload.
- Have strong customer service & organizational skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Positive & professional attitude/demeanor at all times.
- Show initiative & ability to work independently in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly, and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Technical Skills: must know Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Bonus skills include: Filemaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Social Tables, and cloud-based storage (Google Drive, DropBox, etc).
- Have valid driver’s license.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for a fast-growing event production company, all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Work on a wide range of projects that directly impact the operations and productivity of the company.
- Receive guidance and feedback from experienced, professional managers.
- Opportunity to participate in health, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Time Off – PTO
- Flex Time
- Event Hours
- Continuing education opportunities
- 401K contribution opportunities
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you!