January 21, 2022
This full time Event Manager position is located in our Newport Office (Newport Hospitality) and is an exciting and rewarding position. If hospitality is part of your DNA, this could be the place for you. Corinthian Events offers a fast-paced environment with no division between Sales and Operations, allowing the Event Managers to fully manage and cultivate programs from inception through billing. Organizational thinking, creativity, teamwork, budgeting, and a strong work ethic are the prime skills that must work in concert to produce an amazing event.
Client/Event Specific Responsibilities:
- Active participant on all assigned / volunteered-for projects, programs, and events.
- Work as a lead or 2nd on an event or program team that may include a Partner, Director, Senior Event Manager, or Technical team members.
- Work on multiple programs at various stages of production simultaneously.
- Develop, write, and produce client proposals, detailed budgets, event design, floor plans and production schedules; alongside Sr. Account Manager or Director.
- Solicit and secure quotes and contracts from vendors.
- Manage project specific pricing and budgeting from research thru final billing ensuring margins and profit are maintained. Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget.
- Create and manage key dates for all components of the event. Oversee and manage overall project specific timeline from day-to-day client communication through on-site production schedule management.
- Event production including set-up, breakdown, and overall supervision of event.
- Liaise with all vendors as overall project manager from pre-planning through on-site execution of event.
- Ensure cohesion in event designs proposed and review overall spatial planning.
- Attend & stay until the conclusion of every event that he/she is producing.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the office.
- Field initial inquiry phone calls and emails and respond appropriately and timely.
- Provide event support when needed and able.
- Exist as an ambassador of Corinthian Events in Boston and at industry events nationwide to cultivate and develop new relationships, and to enrich existing relationships.
- Build and strengthen relationships with industry supplier partners, vendors, third-party contractors, and other strategic partners.
- 4-year College Degree or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of (3) years in the hospitality industry.
- Clear and efficient in-person, phone and email communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills required. Must be able to effectively prioritize and manage personal workload.
- Must possess strong customer service & organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Always uphold positive & professional attitude/demeanor.
- Show initiative & ability to work independently in a fast-pace environment.
- Capable of trend analysis and complex problem solving. Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly, and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bonus skills: FileMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Social Tables, and cloud-based storage (Google Drive, Drobox, etc.).
In addition to a great opportunity to work for a fast-growing event production company, all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Work on a wide range of projects that directly impact the operations and productivity of the company.
- Receive guidance and feedback from experienced, professional managers.
- Opportunity to participate in health, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Time Off – PTO
- Flex Time
- Event Hours
- Continuing education opportunities
- 401K contribution opportunities
To apply, please send your resume and any relevant documents to email@example.com – thank you!